One of the easiest methods to differentiate your company is to embrace technology and social media.
This article is by Footdown Speaker Frank Furness - Frank Furness CSP CFP is a professional speaker specialising in sales and social media. He has educated, entertained and inspired audiences in 52 countries – subscribe to articles.
One of my favorite social media sites is YouTube and here are some tips, strategies and ideas that can help your business immediately.
- Have your own YouTube Channel and base the channel name on keywords that are relevant to your business e.g. Health and Fitness London, IT Security New York.
- Make sure the sound on your videos is clear and mixed and edited well so users can clearly hear it. One of the best inexpensive cameras with great sound is the Zoom Q3 HD.
- Create well thought out, professional style videos that are edited properly.
- Use edit suites like Adobe VC3, Techsmith Camtasia and Sony Vegas for PCs and IMovie, Screenflow and Camtasia for Mac.
- Keep your content funny, engaging and informative so that it will keep viewers watching until the end of the video.
- Embed your logo and website into the video.
- Keep the resolution of the video as high as possible – minimum 800 by 600.
- Be yourself. Don’t lose sight of the purpose and mission of the video. Think of yourself speaking to a friend in a pub or coffee shop and use the same tone and expressions.
- Practice before posting the final video. Do a few dry runs before taping and publishing and remember if you are boring, the video will be boring to viewers.
- Do more than just talk. People don’t want to sit and watch a person just talking to the camera. Make it exciting and interesting as well as fun.
- Limit your video length to two minutes maximum, most viewers lose interest after this. Take a look at any move, the scenes change around every minute.
- Use the ‘problem, solution and action’ method of filming.
- At the end of each video, ask your viewers to ‘like’ the video and comment, this helps with your rankings.
- If you are going to use music, use copyright free music.
- Grab viewers by integrating important keywords into the title. This will help to boost the search engine results.
- Use keywords in the video tags that will lead potential clients to your videos and make the first line of your description is your website address as that is what viewers will see immediately below the video.
- Choose the most relevant category
- Make the videos viral and spread them to as many websites as possible. Once you have uploaded the video, click on the ‘share’ button and then share the video with Twitter, Facebook your Blog and any other social media sites that your business uses.
Remember to use the videos in different ways:
- Videos on the website
- Meet the team
- Video testimonials
- Staff training
- Expert advice
- Tip of the week
Keep updated – Subscribe to articles